Just as we learn coping strategies and gain insight in our own lives, therapists do as well…a few of which this site thought we should know.
Things Therapists Learn:
- Consciously thinking about our own unconscious thoughts allows us to feel more powerful.
- People don’t actively think about their own relationships as much as they should.
- One awesome skill to have/learn is reflective listening.
- Emotions have a way of surfacing, like it or not.
- People expect that everyone else is seeing life from their perspective.
In my opinion, these are mindful thoughts that can help us improve every day living! They’re not difficult to understand; and, require little effort to apply.
You can find the entire list on the website ROMPER.