Chances are, you’re struggling or have, recently, struggled with intrusive thoughts. It’s all too common these days. Rather than allowing your mind to continue, here’s a few suggestions to try.
Furthermore, removing negative thoughts will leave space for you to improve your mental balance. It’ll allow you to fill your mind, body, spirit, and soul with a healthy dose of good.
From 99 Ways To Improve Your Mental Balance, here’s a short list of my favorite ideas.
- Spend more time in nature, and other spiritual places.
- Create a tranquil spot for mental health care in your home.
- Write often, whether it a gratitude list or detailed description of an experience to help identify triggers.
- Rather than worrying about your problem, try to find a solution.
- Stop expecting people to behave the way you want them too.
- Create a positive attitude playlist or list of podcasts.
- Write/Print & hang affirmations in your frequently visited spaces.
- Actually talk about your thoughts with someone you trust.
- Acknowledge and celebrate every achievement ( no matter how small! Such as treating yourself to some dark chocolate, which helps mental health issues!)
- Find a relaxing hobby to engage in, to replace idleness and worry. This works great with music/podcasts.
There are many more excellent ideas available on the original website. You can find that in the hyperlink above. I hope you find yourself a bit more relaxed now, and if not, you allow yourself time to do so. You deserve the best life, and the opportunities to be the best you.
“It is not the the bruises on the body that hurt. It is the wounds of the heart and the scars on the mind.”
― Aisha Mirza