Working On Us Week 13: Sleep Disorders/Insomnia

I am not one who has been diagnosed with a sleep disorder; however, I’m participating this week because, many who have any level of anxiety or mental disturbance, don’t sleep well.

I’m not sure what the answer is to help us sleep better, or, for some, at all, at night when we’re suffering from mental health issues. Sadly, our lack of sleep only intensifies our symptoms. Sleep is essential for us to be healthy.

What worriers me most, is the after hours in a “dark” day. During the day, at least for me, I’m opt to feel some sense of light and positivity. When I’m up, I feel a bit more hopeful that I’ll manage ok. The dusk comes, and suddenly, all that is troubling me is in my face.

I wish there were some facility that is specifically for those struggling at night. I’m not talking about the psych ward off emergency ward. There should be a community place where individuals can sleep in closer proximity to someone else… Anyone else. Maybe those awake hours would decrease. Maybe having someone to talk to would help. I don’t know… I just know I could use such a place sometimes.

This is formulated for Beckie’s Mental Mess

Comments

10 comments on “Working On Us Week 13: Sleep Disorders/Insomnia”
  1. Astrid says:

Yes, your idea is great. I’m so glad to be mostly connected online to people in different timezones.

2. I really like this idea of a place where people can go and sleep when they are having trouble sleeping on top of mental health difficulties. While I myself find my home the safest and comfiest place to sleep in, sometimes such a place would really help. I guess all of us who struggle with sleep and mental health have such nights when we need to talk to someone but everyone else is asleep, and it can be very frustrating.

It most defiantly can be💚💚 Thank you for reading sharing 🙂 Hugs to you always dear!

3. Carol Anne says:

now that would be so cool a place for us to go when we cant sleep! I’d love that and could definitely use it! Like right now!

I would hope it would serve a great purpose!

4. Samyak Singh says:

That’s a noble perspective! 😊

5. Reblogged this on Beckie's Mental Mess and commented:
    REBLOG: Nova of “Nova’s Namaste 365 Online” joins us on Week #13 of “Working on Us” Topic: Sleeping Disorders/Insomnia. I really like her suggestion…What do you think?

6. Nova, I really like your idea where people can chat about all that is happening to them while they try to relax and unwind at night. Something like a “Hotline”
    Thank you so very much for sharing your idea here… Maybe one day, someone like yourself could design this place of comfort to those in need.
    💚

I am going to when I have the money! If it fails, it fails.

1. It reminds me of the “Warm Line”, accept, that that is directed for more extreme cases. I really hope that someday you are able to do it!!!