Sad Day in America

Photo Credit Attached

Today, the residents of ElPaso, TX desperately need our prayers. 🙏🏼🥺

It’s heartbreaking that such a tragedy has, once again, happened.

Hugs to all of you!!

Extra warm hugs to you who have relatives in TX.

©️2019Nova 🙏🏼

Comments

7 comments on “Sad Day in America”
  1. Fandango says:

Yes, it is a sad day. And we will continue to have many more such sad days if all we ever do about mass shooting incidents like this is to send out thoughts and prayers. We need effective gun control legislation. Otherwise, these almost everyday occurrences will never end.

Gee this really feels like an attack on my post! Yes, some change needs to be made in order to fix this problem… To be honest Fandango, the gun didn’t kill those people, the shooter did… and in his healthy right mind, he wouldn’t have done so.

1. Fandango says:

I wasn’t attacking your post, Nova. I wasn’t taking a shot at you, so to speak. But there have been around 250 mass shootings in the U.S. in the past 220 days. When are people going to realize that “thoughts and prayers” don’t do anything to stop this epidemic? We need to put strong and effective gun laws in place and make it harder for people to access military-style assault rifles with high capacity magazines. There are more guns in this country than there are men, women, and children. And those people in El Paso were, indeed, killed by a gun. The Republican Congress passed a law last year that made it easier for people with mental health issues to buy guns, for crissake. How many people would have died yesterday in El Paso if that guy didn’t have a gun? Guns DO kill people and we need to make guns less available and harder for people to get.

Oh that’s right because criminals obey laws…
          It’s illegal NOW to kill other people!
          If there’s more gun laws, they’re going to find other means.

2. Hilary Tan says:

This is incredibly sad. After reading your post, I needed to look up the details and read the news on my laptop. I don’t follow the news so I often find out through word of mouth, through WordPress, or social media etc. There is this “unsafe feeling” I have about the US, where anyone can legally have a gun. It leaves an uncomfortable unsettling feeling in me. I cannot even begin to imagine what the victims’ families are going through right now. This news is terribly tragic.

3. kristianw84 says: