Accepting What Is

I don’t know how. I don’t know why.

A situation, such as this, requires one thing… acceptance.

We’ve all been in a situation where we’ve just had to accept the truth. Sometimes, the truth is difficult. Sometimes, the truth is positive and we struggle to believe it.

Why do you struggle with accepting?

Insecurity? Rejection? Disowning? Fear? Bitterness? Anger? Abuse?

When we face the “why”, we can heal apart of ourselves. Healing can open new doors; and, create opportunities for beautiful beginnings.

Comments

10 comments on “Accepting What Is”
  1. kristianw84 says:

I love this so much!! 💕💕

I’m so glad it pleased someone 💖💖💖

2. Mathew S says:

Asking why we do things that bring us discomfort is so important. I tend to try and journal regularly otherwise my anxieties and insecurities can get the better of me. Partially the reason for this is because I begin to analyze all of those thoughts that lie beneath the surface. I begin to ask myself those “why” questions.

Great post Nova 🙂
    Thanks for the reminder.

Why is scary sometimes, but it’s so much more when we get past that part 💖💖

3. Paula Light says:

Usually I am fine, but sometimes I struggle with accepting that I have never found real romantic love. I had to stop looking because it made me unbearably depressed to keep trying, and things are better now, but still. So many people have it. Why not me? I don’t know. Just one of those things.

I understand this feeling. Do you believe so many people have it? Or does it appear as if so many people have it? You’re beautifully independent. You know who you are. Do you think about those who aren’t those things?

1. Paula Light says:

Thank you. I do try to focus on the good things in my life, including my independence. It does seem like our culture focuses on couples, so my eyes snap to them. But there are plenty of singles too.

And that is perfectly ok:) At the right time, it will happen.

4. Roy Lando says:

Acceptance of self is the first step to happiness.

I couldn’t agree more 💖💖!