What it is and who uses it ?
It’s the abbreviation for the phrase “ English as a Second Language” . Most often found in educational settings, such as schools, programs are in place to assist students with improving their English speaking skills.
- Introduces and Reintroduced the basic English language concepts.
- Omits the slang (regardless of in what era it was produced) from the options, guiding learners to speak properly.
- Teaches a wide variety of words; therefore, allows all learners to build his /her vocabulary.
- Helps individuals improve his/her writing by providing alternatives to a common word /phrase.
- Educates every learner on the expectations of speaking properly.
While I personally prefer to better myself in as many areas of my life as possible, some maybe comfortable with how they currently speak/write. That’s their prerogative. I’m excited to use these websites and improve my language.