Disturbing Article About Facebook

Hopefully, you consider deleting it after reading this.

A friend and I ran into one of his investors in a café in San Francisco, and the investor asked if we’d heard of a Soylent competitor, Ample. He was curious what we thought of it, and of meal…
— Read on medium.com/s/story/yes-you-should-delete-facebook-heres-why-bc623a3b4625

12 comments for “Disturbing Article About Facebook

1. 03/14/2019 at 10:38 AM

I left FB for personal use 5 yrs ago! It puzzled people at the time, but I found for me it was not bringing me closer to people. I did lose touch with some people, but I feel the relationships I have now are far more meaningful!

• 03/14/2019 at 10:50 AM

That’s a wonderful result:) I’m happy to hear that. I know since I’ve stopped visiting FB by like 90%, I feel so less stress. Behind the screen friendships are superficial.

• 03/14/2019 at 11:25 AM

You do find out who your real friends are 😉 I hope it continues to go well for you!

• 03/14/2019 at 11:26 AM

Thank you!

2. 03/14/2019 at 10:33 AM

I deleted all FB products last March and am totally fine without them ~ better actually, considering that I’m writing so much more instead of having inane gossipy chats all day. I hardly argue about politics now, which is great because that’s utterly pointless too. As far as the ads, I still get tons, but they’re from things I’ve already looked up or clicked on, so I don’t mind that. They don’t come from private convos.

• 03/14/2019 at 10:51 AM

I relate to this so much! Gossip convos and politics were my FB days too.

3. The Eclectic Contrarian
    03/14/2019 at 10:17 AM

I absolutely agree! Google and FB aren’t your friends..

• 03/14/2019 at 10:18 AM

I don’t know about Google but I personally see the lack of social interaction outside of FB from people who say ” they care about me”.

• The Eclectic Contrarian
        03/14/2019 at 10:25 AM

My family has my phone number. They can call or text me whenever they want. On my birthday, I did not get a single call or text from my family. My wife made a FB post about my birthday and several family members wished me a happy birthday…

Google works hand in hand with FB. They spy on you. Ever did a google search and have ads pop up on your FB? And they collect your personal information. It’s not so much a “social media” as it is an intelligence gathering tool.

• 03/14/2019 at 10:53 AM

You can’t stop using google though.

• The Eclectic Contrarian
          03/14/2019 at 10:58 AM

Try Duck Duck Go.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: