#coffeeshare

If you were to have coffee with me, today, I’d share my frustration.

Every aspect of my life, every detail, centers around others. Yes, I do take time for myself. The majority of my life; however, is giving to others.

When I’m not doing OK, which is right now, I’m cleaning up spills. I’m cooking food my girls don’t care to eat. I’m changing a pull up or picking my daughter up from school. I’m running on endless cups of cold coffee, reminding the girls that food stays in the kitchen, and cleaning up more spills.

When I’m not chasing down the girls to have them stop running, I’m wiping hands, pouring drinks, snatching crayons so they’ll stop coloring my walls. I’m fighting my daughter’s school about something Ridiculous, cleaning up toys, cooking another meal, transporting them to the grocery store, getting them back to bed at 3am…

I’m putting time into the areas’ free little libraries, getting baths done, prepping for the night before, and every single other thing that ANY adult does for a child.

It’s just me… Except for the weekends. I’m thankful that I have that break; but kids are different with mom. I am exhausted… And frustrated from repeating myself. It’s frustrating that it’s just me…. It’s frustrating that I can’t have a two story place so I feel like I can breathe, without kids and mess under my feet constantly. I wish I had help so the girls’ fighting doesn’t piss me off.

I’m usually very good with handling my shit as a mom; but right now, I’m frustrated with all of it.

13 comments for “#coffeeshare

1. The Eclectic Contrarian
    03/05/2019 at 7:47 PM

2. 03/05/2019 at 7:19 PM

Being a parent is tough at times and being a mom is even tougher. Hope you get through ok. Have a hug .

• 03/05/2019 at 7:20 PM

Thank you so much! I’m feeling better than when I posted that so I’m getting there 🙂 Parenting is tough lol.

3. 03/05/2019 at 3:48 PM

Everyone needs a break from responsibilities at times, but being a mom is different. It is a case someone else depends on you all the time. I am not a mom, but it sounds overwhelming (yet rewarding).

4. 03/05/2019 at 3:24 PM

The life of being an awesome mom! Every mom does need a break. I found that the less breaks I get the less I can handle things without crying! It can be so frustrating being a mom…but at least at the end of the day we can say we did it. It’s the small victories, right?

• 03/05/2019 at 3:29 PM

You’re absolutely right! One day, one moment at a time. Today I’m chalking it up to as Seasonal aggravation and little sleep.

5. 03/05/2019 at 2:03 PM

I’m so sorry you’re struggling. Deep breaths, my friend. You seem like an awesome mom, you’re doing great! *Hugs*

6. 03/05/2019 at 1:31 PM

That is tough. But being a mom is a difficult job. Hugs

7. 03/05/2019 at 1:27 PM

Some days smooth sailing and others not so much. Big hugs!!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: