What caught my eye about this particular blog is the post about Self – Care when we’re not sure how we feel. I find myself in this case often, and I try to be graceful with myself.
The blog title is Sarah Steckler’s Mindful Productivity Blog.
Her Self -Care suggestions when we don’t know what we feel are the following:
- Give yourself permission to feel whatever you need to feel
- Let go of trying to analyze it and just be with it
- Get physically comfy – put on something that makes your body feel at ease
- Learn to build self-compassion by speaking to yourself as you would a friend
- Close your eyes and think of your favorite place
- Ask a friend to remind you of something ridiculously funny
- Make some tea
- Drink extra water and visualize yourself flushing out negative feelings and energy you don’t need – the water will help give you extra energy, too!
- Put on your headphones and listen to music that makes you feel good
- Go for a walk in nature without your phone and soak in the atmosphere
- Revel in the joys of escapism. Give yourself permission to dive into your favorite shows on Netflix that make you smile
- Settle in with a good book
- Ask for family or friends to help you out. If you have roommates or a partner, ask them if they can make you dinner or take care of something for you.
- Tell your coworkers you’re feeling off and allow yourself to be vulnerable, chances are if you have a bomb work crew, that they will do something to make you feel better, even if it’s just listening
- Make a list of any of the following things to give yourself a healthy distraction:: Things that make you smile :: Movies you want to watch again :: Places you’d love to drive to if you had an entire day on the open road :: What you’re grateful for :: Nice things that people have said to you :: Memories that warm your heart
- Wrap yourself in a giant blanket and curl up under the covers in a dark room. Don’t worry if it sounds melodramatic if it makes you feel comforted and safe, it’s worth it!
- Spend some time coloring!
- Jump on Pinterest and create a board of things that make you feel comforted and at peace
- Watch cute animal videos
- If you have pent up energy, take yourself to the gym, pool, or walk it out
- Take some time for self-care. Paint your nails, take a long bath, do what makes you feel pampered.
- Light candles and cuddle up with a pet
- Invite your friends over for a board game night
- Bake something or make yourself dinner. If you’re not someone who’s into cooking, order your favorite take-out and watch an awesome movie.
- Give yourself permission to take care of yourself today. It’s okay to put things aside. Taking time to invest in you is important