What I was never taught, or what was tempted to be forced into my life, I learned on my own. I knew there were skills I needed for survival. I knew there was responsibility I needed, rather than burdening someone else with it.
What I would teach my younger self about life is the following :
- Failure doesn’t mean unsuccessful, but rather an opportunity to try again.
- I am capable of so much more than I realize.
- Trying means I’m willing to learn.
- Knowing my personality type will change my life.
- Trust my intuition.
- A man knows and shows when he wants, if I’m questioning it, move on.
- Years become wisdom and tears become flowers.
- Lies can sound convincingly truthful, but they’re not.
- Know my worth and don’t let any man change them.
- Be confident in my decisions, humble in acceptance, forgiving of mistakes, and unconditional with love.
- Face my life as it comes, denial just delays the progress of progress.
- Music is free therapy.
- Writing things down allows me to discover patterns.
- Cooking is actually fun.
- Vertigo is treatable, and nothing of which to be afraid.