Just as with other illness, prevention is key! To keep a cold away, doctors recommend individuals wash hands, keep hands away from the mouth, cover a sneeze or cough with an elbow or tissue.
Occasionally, we miss something though. Before long, someone in the family is feverish, grumpy with no appetite. The symptoms were there, and actions are taken to stop the illness from progressing.
Each mental illness has it’s own set of signs and symptoms. These are extremely important because a mental illness isn’t as obvious to the world around us.. it’s the invisible battle.
- Major changes in sleep, eating habits, and personal care habits.
- Quick or dramatic changes in mood.
- Disinterest in events, people, activities that were once enjoyed.
- Descrease in effort into tasks: work, home, activities.
- Increase difficulty with concentration on memory or thought and speech that’s complex.
- Increase in sensitivity, easily overwhelmed and avoids such situations.
- Feeling a sense of out of the body. Disconnected from own thoughts, life, and surroundings.
- Illogical reason such as that in the childhood stage.
- Peculiar and bizarre behavior.
Further details and information can be found by clicking the link above and any links in the Common Mental Disorders blog post!
Photo credit: pixabay
“It is not the the bruises on the body that hurt. It is the wounds of the heart and the scars on the mind.”
― Aisha Mirza