This word brings a number of thoughts to my mind.
- Solitary confinement. This was a place used in one of my favorite movies and TV series. The unfortunate decay of sanity in isolation is rather disturbing to me, though. I do believe humans need one another to survive. The struggle of solitary confinement emphasizes the power of the human mind.
- Historical change. A solitary individual sat in the “whites” section of a bus. A solitary March for freedom exemplified human rights to peaceful protest. The power of one can be just as influencial as the power of many.
- Single parenting. Good parents work endlessly to raise children right. They do so by by example, word, and deed. Some good parents are single parents. The struggle of that scenario can be much more difficult. I admire those in this case.
- Severe mental health patients and the elderly. Individuals become isolated because of a mental health condition. Whether due to development or aging, the mind alters thinking, behaving, and personalities. The safety of the individual is utmost important. When a person embarks on a solitary incident that threatens his /her safety, loved ones consider professional supervision. This whole ideas is disheartening to me. Independence gives one such an important sense of identity and freedom.
- The card game. As minut as this is, Solitary is one of my favorite card games.
This post is my next entry in Roger Shipp’s The Daily Addictions Challenge 💀☠️ You can learn more about his challenge, view the chosen word prompts, and read previous posts by clicking on his name 🙂