#FF: “Sense”ational

Photo Prompt Credit : Sandra Crook

Paisley was the light of Patricia’s life! She was positive and cheerful, loved everyone, and enjoyed life. Patricia always said Paisley could accomplish anything, despite her Down Syndrome.

As Paisley’s 16th birthday approached, Patricia decided a beach theme would be perfect. It was her favorite escape in the area.

On a single table, Patricia laid several genuine beach relics. These were memorabilia  of when she and her mother visited Sunset Shore! Patricia smiled at her special arrangement. It’s but bittersweet acceptance to pass it down to the next generation.

Check out Rochelle Wisoff’s Friday Fictioneers Challenge Here:D

Bittersweet acceptance of her daughter growing up.

Bittersweet acceptance of these possessions no longer hers.

Bittersweet acceptance that her mother is gone.

Bittersweet acceptance that time doesn’t stand still.

One thought on “#FF: “Sense”ational

1. 10/07/2018 at 11:04 PM

Family is family and love of family is one thing that hold us together. Nice take on the prompt.

2. 10/06/2018 at 9:09 PM

The only option is acceptance…

• 10/06/2018 at 9:21 PM

Why do I feel you have a distaste for my writing?

• 10/06/2018 at 9:22 PM

Not at all. Oh my goodness, why would you think that?

• 10/06/2018 at 9:26 PM

Because I tend to worry about other perceptions, regardless of they influence my decisions toward anything. To comment on your response, acceptance is the only. That’s how we live our truest lives.

• 10/06/2018 at 9:34 PM

Well don’t you worry. What I meant was, in order to find happiness and peace, one must accept the gifts/challenges we are given. If we don’t, we waste our time with what ifs and why mes and such.

• 10/06/2018 at 10:02 PM

I’m blessed to have had this conversation with you. It sparked a fire of intriguing thoughts in my mind, coupled with a recent other conversation I had this evening. So, I need to say thank you ☺️🐢

• 10/06/2018 at 10:14 PM

Then I am so very glad that we did!

3. 10/06/2018 at 2:28 PM

I love it that the Down’s Syndrome daughter was treasured just as much as every other person that collection would be passed on to.

4. 10/05/2018 at 9:26 AM

I am sure that Paisley will love the gift and the heart behind it. What a lovely write about the coming of age and the passing on of life to the next generation.

5. Abhijit Ray
    10/04/2018 at 11:31 PM

It is time Patricia passed on her treasure to next generation. All indicators are pointing in that direction.

6. 10/04/2018 at 10:22 PM

Sweet.

Comments are closed.

A Creative PTSD Gal

A place where I can be creative and understand me.

John Nash

Her şey olabilir

Soul Searching

Psychology. Counselling. Mental Health. Inspiration!

writesquire

[Global refresh underway; pardon the dust] Attorney writer : Enhanced self-management

Navigate My Recovery

Solutions For Better Living

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

Lattes and Literature

Tales of a Voracious Reader

L.C. Stair's Blog

Photographer & Writer: Let is to have permission, coconut is sweet and lovely, and stairs are creepy in basements.

Three Cats and a Girl

Musings and thoughts of a girl who needs more cats and succulents in her life.

simple Ula

I want to be rich. Rich in love, rich in health, rich in laughter, rich in adventure and rich in knowledge. You?

Contarnex Europe Limited

CEL TIME is the UK’s leading supplier of clocks, displays and related systems, manufactured by Westerstrand in Sweden since 1906 and our partnership with them dates back to 1960

800 Recovery Hub Blog

Written by people in recovery for people in recovery

Living with Depression & Other Experiences

My Blog about Mental Health, My Life, Being Adopted, and My Passion for Animal Rescue