Aside

Photo Prompt ©️Gah Learner

James sat at his work desk, gazing up at the moon. He has always loved it, mesmerized by its size and endless beauty. Tonight, it looked a bit more dreamy.

At the coffee shop, last week,  he accidently ran into a stunning business woman. By doing so, her latte spilt all over her red blouse. Apologethically, he snatched some napkins and handed them to her, mortified to make eye contact. She was sincere and understanding, but in to much of a hurry to talk.

Before James could ask for her number, she was out the door.

Written for Rochelle Wisoff-Field’s Friday Fictioneers. Every week a photo and literature genre is chosen. I have really enjoyed the challenges!  join the fun. Learn more about it here 🙂

One thought on “#FF: Little Dreamy

1. 09/10/2018 at 5:55 PM

Ah, missed opportunities, the what-ifs can haunt us for some time. Great story, I hope they run into each other again.

• 09/10/2018 at 6:22 PM

That’s what I LOVE about writing 🙂 It can be anything at any time and change at any moment.

2. 09/10/2018 at 3:52 AM

He should pick up a loyalty card pronto because I have an idea he’ll be hanging out regularly at that coffee place, hoping for a repeat of the “meet-cute” 🙂

• 09/10/2018 at 6:45 AM

Haha, that’s such a great idea! So modern yet cute. Love it 😀 Thank you!

3. 09/09/2018 at 12:58 PM

Dear Moonchild,

Perhaps they’ll meet again under better circumstances. Nicely done.

Shalom,

Rochelle

4. 09/08/2018 at 11:12 AM

Smitten by a run-in… maybe he’ll get lucky another time 😉

• 09/08/2018 at 11:47 AM

I have a feeling time will cross their paths again;)

• 09/08/2018 at 12:09 PM

I like to think so

• 09/09/2018 at 5:14 AM

Maybe next time, they’ll be in less of a hurry lol coffee should never be wasted. Lol. She handled that like a champ.

5. 09/07/2018 at 9:33 PM

Shows the fast pace of the world we live in very well. Great read.

• 09/07/2018 at 9:35 PM

Thank you! Indeed, it does. The setting in my mind was a big city, like Chicago or Manhattan.

6. 09/07/2018 at 7:58 PM

Ooppsss … not a good way to start a conversation.😊
    Is there a computer spell- check correction after the word spilt?
    Isadora 😎

Comments are closed.

A Creative PTSD Gal

A place where I can be creative and understand me.

John Nash

Her şey olabilir

Soul Searching

Psychology. Counselling. Mental Health. Inspiration!

writesquire

[Global refresh underway; pardon the dust] Attorney writer : Enhanced self-management

Navigate My Recovery

Solutions For Better Living

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

Lattes and Literature

Tales of a Voracious Reader

L.C. Stair's Blog

Photographer & Writer: Let is to have permission, coconut is sweet and lovely, and stairs are creepy in basements.

Three Cats and a Girl

Musings and thoughts of a girl who needs more cats and succulents in her life.

simple Ula

I want to be rich. Rich in love, rich in health, rich in laughter, rich in adventure and rich in knowledge. You?

Contarnex Europe Limited

CEL TIME is the UK’s leading supplier of clocks, displays and related systems, manufactured by Westerstrand in Sweden since 1906 and our partnership with them dates back to 1960

800 Recovery Hub Blog

Written by people in recovery for people in recovery

Living with Depression & Other Experiences

My Blog about Mental Health, My Life, Being Adopted, and My Passion for Animal Rescue